Thank you for your interest in volunteering with DARA's Van.
Please review the DARA's Van Volunteer Guide
Current volunteer opportunities:
- Team Leader - DARA is looking for up to 6 Volunteer Team Leaders to assist in the facilitation of 3 DARA Food services. We need Volunteer Team Leaders who are willing to commit to 4 hours each week or fortnight for the following services:
Nelson Bay, Mondays 5:30 pm – 8 pm
Raymond Terrace, Wednesdays 4:30 pm – 7 pm
Maitland, Fridays 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- General Volunteer Nelson Bay - Serving meals and refreshments to Friends of DARA. Mondays 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
- General Volunteer Woodberry - Serving breakfast and refreshments to Friends of DARA. Fridays 7:00 am - 9:30 am.
- Delivery - delivering ingredients and collecting cooked meals. We are generously supported by a number of Hunter schools whose students prepare meals for DARA's Van during school classes. We need drivers to deliver ingredients and collect cooked meals between the hours of 9:00 am and 2:30 pm.
- Food Packs - DARA's Van delivers food packs on a Saturday to our friends in need. These are packed on a Friday evening. We need helpers between the hours of 5:30 - 7:00 pm.
If you are able to help us in one of these roles please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently no General Volunteer vacancies at Raymond Terrace, Maitland or Islington. Join the waitlist below.