The majority of the newly arrived have met our caseworker, Ms Kiri Hata. Kiri brings a wealth of experience in immigration, advocacy and community services to Refugee Hub. Our clients value Kiri’s approach and advice.
Much of our casework provides support for clients to obtain equal access to all levels of Government, commercial and private businesses and services, as well as other key community services.
Casework support at Refugee Hub broadly covers:
- Housing – open for inspection assistance, matters of tenancy, access to housing
- General support for client needs including, legal , medical, dental, educational, with referral to appropriate services/ specialists and assistance with appointments and paperwork.
- Employment matters – supporting clients through industrial relations matters, referrals for legal support, or assisting with documentation of events for internal investigations
- NDIS – coordination of packages supported by CatholicCare
- Human Settlement Programme (HSP) – supporting clients with the HSP contract changes
- Advocacy for use of interpreters for clients – policing, medical, legal systems
For a snapshot of the help we have given the newly arrived to the Hunter, visit Casework Snippets.